Jaymod Weapon Reload Bug.
The Jaymod client (currently version 2.1.7) seems to have a bug that does not allow your weapon to be reloaded sometimes. It just clicks
over and over and shows ammo available, but does not load. Changing to a different weapon sometimes temporarily fixes it, but the problem
seems to return. Here are a couple of things to try:
- Disconnect from the game server, then reconnect. This seems to fix it every time, however, it is very annoying.
- Hit ESC, Options, click the "auto reload" on and off a couple of times, then leave the option on. Return to gaming.
I have heard that this works, but have not fully tested it myself.
- Drop me a message if you know more about this bug.
Server disconnects you due to unpure client files.
This is many times due to corrupt PK3 files. Try deleting all non-original PK3 files from your installation, then restart.
- Assuming Windows OS, exit the game and navigate to "C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain"
- DO NOT DELETE mp_bin.pk3, pak0.pk3, pak1.pk3 pak2.pk3 - these are the original ET files and are required to start the game.
- If there are any other files ending in .pk3, they should be deleted (or you can save them elsewhere for restore if you want to
possibly avoid downloading them again from a game server)
- Delete other mod folders from your "C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\" folder. These include folders named jaymod,
etpub, noquarter. Warning, you will loose any profiles or CFG files saved in these mod folders, but they may actually be causing
- Restart your computer and try the game again.
- If all this fails, you should uninstall Wolfenstein Enemy Territory and re-install.
- Note: The new ETPUB mod (version 0.9) does not have MAC support, so you may receive this message or a similar message when
playing on MAC and attempt to connect to a game server running ETPUB 0.9
Server List does not keep my Favorites
Yeah... it sucks. The entire server list "feature" in WET is very buggy. Best thing to do is get a free account on
use their server search, Add to your favorites, then write down the server IPs you like and use the CONNECT TO IP button in WET server browser.
Also, my servers are tracked by Gametracker so your player stats will be availble.
Another Server Connect Tip, Create a CFG file and execute it to connect.
- Open a text editor (notepad if you must) and type the following:
- Save the file to "C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain\server1.cfg"
- Start WET and before you click Play Online, open the console (`) then type /exec server1
- and away you go...
- You can save as many of these as you like.... server2.cfg server3.cfg (could be any file name with .cfg extension).
- You can also add other commands in these files, like setting your player name (name BigDogD) or key bindings.